On this page
This page describes how employers must remit contributions to OPB and includes the following topics:
Click here for remittance of contributions for members on LTIP.
Employers must deduct and remit all contributions made by members and the employer within the specified time limits.
Important: Failure to do so will result in penalties. This table specifies the required remitting deadlines.
|If the contribution is made by the...||Then remit the contributions to OPB...|
Employers remit contributions either by
- EFT (electronic funds transmission), or
Each of these is described below.
EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer)
Employer and employee contributions may be remitted electronically.
Please contact OPB Finance for the appropriate forms if you would like to switch to EFT.
All supporting documentation (Contribution Records) may be forwarded directly to OPB electronically only if the following conditions are met:
- all documentation must be password protected or encrypted
- OPB must receive this password or encryption key before the first transmission and/or any subsequent change
Except for being password protected or encrypted, the format of all information transferred to the Board will remain unchanged.
Remittance by cheque
If you are not set up for EFT, please remit the following to OPB:
- the contribution cheque, made payable to "Ontario Pension Board", and
- a hard copy of the spreadsheet showing individual contributions.