OPB and Investment Management Corporation of Ontario (IMCO) recognize the importance of considering ESG related risks in the investment management process, and have developed an ESG Screening Guideline(opens in a new tab) to help determine which companies, sectors or activities we won’t invest in. Excluded investments include:
- entities sanctioned under Canada’s Special Economic Measures Act or United Nations Act;
- companies involved in the production of controversial weapons such as antipersonnel landmines, cluster munitions, chemical, biological, and nuclear weapons;
- companies that manufacture firearms and small arms ammunitions for civilian markets;
- companies involved in the operation of for-profit prisons and detention centres;
- companies involved in the production of tobacco products.