Plan Your Retirement with OPB
November is Financial Literacy Month and what better time to discuss one of our favourite topics: retirement planning.
We know planning for retirement can feel overwhelming, complex, and time-consuming, but it doesn’t have to be. We’re here to help take the stress out of retirement planning so that you can start retirement dreaming.
Plan for your future with us
Whether you’re just starting out, or you have a detailed plan, we have tools and services to help you plan for retirement.
- Pension Estimator: Log in to e-services(s’ouvre dans un nouvel onglet) to create customized estimates of your projected pension amount. See how the estimated pension amount changes when you select a different retirement date.
- Retirement Planner: Our comprehensive (and recently enhanced!) Retirement Planner builds on pension estimates from your Annual Pension Statement (APS) or the Pension Estimator. Together with your other sources of income and savings (think government pensions, RRSPs, and TFSAs), the planner provides you with a detailed year-by-year projection of your total estimated retirement income both before and after tax. Log in to e-services(s’ouvre dans un nouvel onglet) to create your plan.
- Advisory Services: Our team of Certified Financial Planner® (CFP) professionals are available for 1-on-1 advisory sessions to help you navigate retirement planning. An OPB advisor can complete a retirement plan with you or review a plan that you generated using the Retirement Planner – and much more. Sessions are included as part of your PSPP membership, so consider booking a 1-on-1 session in early 2023, especially if a major life event impacts your retirement plan. Log in to e-services(s’ouvre dans un nouvel onglet) and click “Book 1-on-1” to request a session.
Benefits of working with a Certified Financial Planner®
A recent study(s’ouvre dans un nouvel onglet) found that Canadians who work with a Certified Financial Planner® (CFP) are more likely to report benefits from planning than those who engage non-certified advisors. These benefits include:
- Greater peace of mind
- Improved ability to save
- Confidence in their plan to retire
- Confidence to handle financial ups and downs
Whether you book a session with an OPB Advisor or choose a self-serve option, we hope that you will use the tools and resources that we offer to help plan for your retirement.